Hello!

Welcome to, The Fun Jar! A long time ago in a galaxy far away...Just kidding it was in Washington state about 6 years ago, I came up with the idea of the Fun Jar. Back then, my eldest daughter was about 5years old, and I had just introduced her baby sister to the world, needless to say I had little or no money to spare on all the "fun" things she wanted to do. So I invented the Fun Jar. Simple little or no cost FUN things for us to do. I drew pictures on tiny pieces of paper detailing the event, not elaborate pictures by any means, stick figures really; just enough of a drawing so that a 5yr old would know what the fun activity would be. There were around 15 of these pieces of paper, folded in half, no peeking! These magnificent masterpieces of stick figure art were then put inside a recycled jelly jar. Presto! Fun papers in a jar and Fun Jar was born. Every Friday it was all she talked about, "can I pick from the Fun Jar", and how could I say no? All it required of me was my time, which I was happy to give. I have decided that my brain is so full of these ideas that the only way to let them out is to put them here, and share with others all the fun I have had, am having, an will continue to have with my girls, not to worry for those who have boys, the fun on this blog can be used by everybody! So take notes, or use the ideas I place in here to 'light' the light bulb above your own head, and spark new ideas, and most of all HAVE FUN!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sluuuug Buuug!

Picture this, me driving, my eldest daughter in the passenger seat next to me trying to find a suitable radio station, my youngest is in the back behind her looking out the window singing to herself, bouncing her little legs off her car seat in rhythm to her own tune. Sometimes it seems to take forever to get from here to there, so much traffic these days; and then it happened driving right next to my passenger side, a Volkswagen Beetle, shiny bright red, and in plain view of both my kids. We approached the stoplight, not a word, and yet the Bug was still right next to us. It hit me all of a sudden like a slap in the face to saying "get it together man!" my kids had no idea what a Slug Bug or Punch Buggy was or what it meant when you saw one. This is one of those life lessons that had obviously slipped my mind, I had failed my children, failed to teach them the basics of being an American, jeeze. Well, it was defiantly an easy fix! As we sat at the stop light, I pulled back my arm an gave my eldest a little 'lovetap'shouting SLUGBUG!!! Oh my goodness, if looks could kill..."what did you do that for!" she shouted at me. I was all to happy to explain to them both about the whole thing. the crisis of being unaware of the slug bug had been averted. Now we all play, on every outing. We are constantly on the prowl, playing the infamous game of SLUGBUG!

1 comment:

  1. Last Touch! Horse Bite! I love reading your stuff! You're a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete