Hello!

Welcome to, The Fun Jar! A long time ago in a galaxy far away...Just kidding it was in Washington state about 6 years ago, I came up with the idea of the Fun Jar. Back then, my eldest daughter was about 5years old, and I had just introduced her baby sister to the world, needless to say I had little or no money to spare on all the "fun" things she wanted to do. So I invented the Fun Jar. Simple little or no cost FUN things for us to do. I drew pictures on tiny pieces of paper detailing the event, not elaborate pictures by any means, stick figures really; just enough of a drawing so that a 5yr old would know what the fun activity would be. There were around 15 of these pieces of paper, folded in half, no peeking! These magnificent masterpieces of stick figure art were then put inside a recycled jelly jar. Presto! Fun papers in a jar and Fun Jar was born. Every Friday it was all she talked about, "can I pick from the Fun Jar", and how could I say no? All it required of me was my time, which I was happy to give. I have decided that my brain is so full of these ideas that the only way to let them out is to put them here, and share with others all the fun I have had, am having, an will continue to have with my girls, not to worry for those who have boys, the fun on this blog can be used by everybody! So take notes, or use the ideas I place in here to 'light' the light bulb above your own head, and spark new ideas, and most of all HAVE FUN!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Airborne!

Recently my daughter went to the dentist, No cavities ( I hear you clapping for me, thank you)so of course the treasure chest awaited her, as she left the chair in anticipation. Do you know what my little prissy princess grabbed for her toy? A tiny plastic soldier with a parachute wrapped neatly to his back. Very unexpected pick for her, but a wise choice indeed. Unfortunately, after about fifty flights off the banister, the soldier made his last jump, yes...for the mighty beast that reigns king of the den, in other words the family dog, decided he had enough; and shredded the parachute. Not to worry! a simple fix was made.
The Fix- a walmart sack cut  in the exact shape of the parachute and some dental floss turned out to be just what the soldier needed to get back to "Jump status" and that's when it occurred to me.
You can use a walmart or any plastic sack as a parachute for just about any toy. Airborne Barbie? Sure why not? And with toys big enough you don't even have to cut the sack; if the toy has arms, slip the handles in the armpit and Geronimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment