Hello!

Welcome to, The Fun Jar! A long time ago in a galaxy far away...Just kidding it was in Washington state about 6 years ago, I came up with the idea of the Fun Jar. Back then, my eldest daughter was about 5years old, and I had just introduced her baby sister to the world, needless to say I had little or no money to spare on all the "fun" things she wanted to do. So I invented the Fun Jar. Simple little or no cost FUN things for us to do. I drew pictures on tiny pieces of paper detailing the event, not elaborate pictures by any means, stick figures really; just enough of a drawing so that a 5yr old would know what the fun activity would be. There were around 15 of these pieces of paper, folded in half, no peeking! These magnificent masterpieces of stick figure art were then put inside a recycled jelly jar. Presto! Fun papers in a jar and Fun Jar was born. Every Friday it was all she talked about, "can I pick from the Fun Jar", and how could I say no? All it required of me was my time, which I was happy to give. I have decided that my brain is so full of these ideas that the only way to let them out is to put them here, and share with others all the fun I have had, am having, an will continue to have with my girls, not to worry for those who have boys, the fun on this blog can be used by everybody! So take notes, or use the ideas I place in here to 'light' the light bulb above your own head, and spark new ideas, and most of all HAVE FUN!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Doing the unSINKable

When I was little, (which wasn't that long ago, just ask my parents) I didn't have many barbie accessories, I had something much better; an over active imagination. The stairs were an enormous waterfall that my barbies triumphantly defeated over and over again. The basement with all its boxes, was an entire fortress built just for me. The cat's podium/scratch post was quite handy, whenever there was a hostage situation and screaming damsels in distress; but my absolute favorite was the bathroom sink. For all the fun you can imagine: the beach ,the pool, the swamp, and so much more. Time and time again I find myself having to help my girls 'learn' to play. The possibilities are endless. When I shared this valuable knowledge about the bathroom sink, my youngest stared at me for a moment, thought about it real hard, and said, "I can do that?" "As long as you clean up ALL the water, have at it!" I replied.
So there you have it, and if your wondering why the bathroom sink, what a mess...your wrong. Why not the bathroom sink. Do you know how big of a water mess it will be? Big enough so that by the time they have wiped up ALL the water, the entire bathroom counter has been cleaned to a nice shine! Hmm, no wonder I was allowed to play in the sink as often as I wanted..those sneaky folks of mine;-)

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice you have fond memories of your childhood! Karen

    ReplyDelete